How is information processed and encoded in neuronal networks
This is one of the most fundamental questions in modern life sciences.
We aim to uncover the mechanisms underlying information processing by applying electrophysiological, imaging, molecular and computational approaches.
Our main objectives are:
- To determine the cellular & molecular events underlying synaptic communication among neurons.
- To examine the cellular basis of network synchronization in the healthy and diseased brain.
- To identify the rules for the induction of synaptic plasticity.
- To elucidate the role of different neuron types in cognition & behaviour.
- To decipher the mechanisms that govern the emergence of neuronal network oscillations.